1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a sign?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Fine_and_dandy, Nov 1, 2011.

1. and now i have lots of bumps around my nips.

I'm so glad you can't see me..i'd be mortified !

2. Sounds good to me- I had both symptoms before my bfp! Sorry can't see your post, what cycle day are you on?

3. Hi! ooooh I hope so!!
    How do I work out what cycle day I'm on? My last pd was 36 days ago if that helps.
    I'm a bit naive about all this..i thought you just lay back and thought....now on all the sites i'm questioning my temperatures etc!

It's becoming an obsession!

4. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Oooh good luck on getting your positive test soon! Sounds promising so far but then bodies do wierd things!
    I got my BFP 2 weeks after trying (and about 3 days after getting a negative) so it does happen that quickly sometimes and yes it is still a big shock!
    Coolgiraffe (24 weeks and 2 days pregnant) x

5. The first day of your period is cycle day 1. The 'average' woman has a 28 day cycle and ovulates on day 14. If you have no idea what yours is they say to start with this assumption and then work it out for you based on your BBT. Estrogen is dominant before ovulation and is known as the 'cool' hormone so your temperatures are lower. After ovulation progesterone takes over and raises your temperature. Once you have three higher temperatures you can assume you have ovulated.
    All very good, but you need to know when you are going to ovulate before it actually happens. If your periods are pretty regular you can assume you wil ovulate roughly on the same cycle day each month. Or you can log on to ebay and buy some OPK sticks which detect LH, the hormone which peaks as ovulation approachs.
    I don't know about other people, but by charting my BBT for a few months I noticed that on the day I ovulate my temp took a serious dip of at least half a degree! This helped last month as we DTD on that morning and I got my BFP 11 days later!!
    Hope that helps and makes sense!! Fingers crossed for you x

6. Hey thank you for that.
    I am def now either about to come on my pd or i'm preggers. My boobs weigh a ton!
    Thanks for crossing your fingers!

Yikes!

7. Hey Antoniou I remember how stressful ttc was so I just checked my ttc journal app from 8 months ago and on days 3,4&5 post ov I commented on noticeably increased cm and being really aware of it during the day. So I don't think it's to early to symptom spot lovely!
    Julesk 37+5

8. Thanks for the reply Julesk. It's just so difficult trying not to symptom spot, but then you start questioning every tiny little thing!
    Good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy x

9. Ok, last night I had the STRANGEST feelings ever. I felt like I was about to come on my pd at any second, then nothing. I then could almost feel the blood circulating in my body, as dramatic as it sounds!
    I've been feeling bloated all day and I could not resist a clue blue test.

Outcome...

PREGNANT!! It was a sign!!! YAAAAAAYYYY

10. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

so pleased for you!! congrats!!
    Now, take things easy - the hardest months are the first 3 as you will feel bone tired (well, I did anyway - you may be lucky!) and check things out with your doc re. folic acid, foods to avoid etc... congrats again! xxxx

11. ooooh thank you sooo much.
    I am shaking! ha!

Seeing gp on Friday.So scared but in a good, no a great way!

12. naomi58

naomi58 New commenter

Congratulations!!!!!

13. Congratulations fine and dandy - that's fantastic news. Please come and join us on the summer babies 2012 thread. Quite a few of us have only got our BFP's in the last couple of weeks so all in a similar situation.
    Take care of the two of you!
    x

14. Thank you!
    The test said 2 weeks preg....does that mean i'm two weeks or a month (from last period)?
    I don't want to get ahead of myself but yaaaay!!!!

15. I would say you are 4 weeks pregnant as at 2 weeks you would just be at point of conception and would not get a BFP. Use on eof the due date calculators and it will probably put it around 10 / 11 July and say you are 4 weeks pregnant

16. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

doctors tend to use the first day of your last period - therefore, if that was 4 weeks ago, then you are 4 weeks pregnant - which of course is only 2... confusing I know!

17. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Many congratulations Fine and Dandy! Chuck some baby luck my way would you?!? Take care hun!

18. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

19. Congratulations!!!!

20. Yay!!!! I'm so so delighted for you! I've been readignt his thread and am just so pleased, it's the best feeling in the world to see that positive!
    Just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world and to remind you to start taking folic acid right now!!!xxx