1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

is this a reasonable request?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by chriszwinter1, Jun 18, 2012.

1. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

I'm afraid that word "reasonable" is impossible to define. I think the answer depends on what FTE you will be doing. I'd imagine you'd be sharing a tutor group. My own opinion, for what it's worth, is that your request is reasonable.

2. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

If you have a disability as defined by s6 Equality Act 2010, your employer is required to make 'reasonable adjustmenTA'u.Der s20 and s39(5) that have 'a prospect' of enabling you to work successfully. What you are asking could count.t as a reasonable adjustment in principle. However, as ever, I provide the information with the caveat that you need qualified legal advice from union, lawyer or CAB who can look at the specificdetails of your situation.

The Equality and Human Rights Co..mission are also helpful with disability discrimination matters.