1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a real authors' forum?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by monicabilongame, Sep 24, 2015.

1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Is this for people who write things and get them published, like books?

2. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

I thought so..but am now unsure since my post linking to my Amazon Author's page has vanished.

3. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

Was it charging for a product? Adverts are against the Community rules, so maybe that was the problem.

When I mentioned Resources in the Welcome Lounge forum, the person that responded was the Authors moderator, so I'm guessing that Authors are people who create Resources. The Sellers sub-forum certainly seems to be full of people discussing selling their resources.

4. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Thanks - I think you hit it on the head. I mistakenly thought that this replaced the old "Marketplace" forum and allowed such links.

5. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Ooh I only just found this place… I would hope it's for author teachers! Be nice to know I'm not alone!

6. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I was rather hoping that it was for people who wrote, or wanted to write, books and stuff. Oddly I've now had two alerts telling me this thread has been moved but not why.