1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a hot flush?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by anteater, Dec 4, 2011.

1. anteater

anteater New commenter

Sounds very likely! I had hot flushes that affected my face only - I believe it is quite common. I never had any that lasted as long as 10-15 mins, so maybe you are a bit unlucky there.
    Good luck - and if you can't wait to get trid of them, you could try acupuncture. Mine disappeared completely for 6 months after one treatment.

2. Hot flushes, due to the meonpause are like an adrenalin rush, they can have very similar symptoms as an anxiety attack. Could be either. [​IMG]

3. san38

san38 New commenter

Thanks Giggirl - at least it fits the profile - felt like a heart attack to me! Obviously nothing serious though coz fine since.

4. My mum used to get awful hot flushes before she went on HRT-she would jump up from the sofa with her face bright red and have to rush outside to the cold air. She couldn't have the cats on her lap or sit too close to my stepdad but she hasn't had them since going on HRT.