1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is there ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by erp77, Aug 29, 2012.

1. erp77

erp77 New commenter

... A mute button on TES?

So that you can 'mute' certain posters and and have to read their comments.
    Fed up with reading threads and having them hijacked by the same old posters and the same old arguments.

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Alas not - many of the other sites I use have a very effective 'ignore' button

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

It'd be nice, wouldn't it.

I'd also like to be able to "disappear" certain threads that seem to clag up the front page.

4. tidal

tidal New commenter

Ah personal moderation.... Actually the filter buttons do perform a similar role if you can be bothered to update them every so often. Currently I have only 3 personal threads visible and, when I last looked, 5 on opinion Not as convenient as on other sites but it's better than nothing

5. kittylion

kittylion Senior commenter

This is a good idea - I used to be on a board where I "ignored" certain posters and only had to read their drivel when someone else quoted it.
    I hadn't thought of disappearing a thread - but that's a good idea too. There are some threads that aren't of interest to everyone.

6. erp77

erp77 New commenter

How do you do that?

7. tidal

tidal New commenter

At the bottom of every forum index page is a button marked "more options" Click it and you get a variety of options as to how you view topics I use the "hide threads I've read" then read the threads I'm interested in then (in the options) "mark all read" With practice, and judicious use of other filters you can "de-clutter" quite effectively. Really useful if like me you access the site by phone

8. erp77

erp77 New commenter

Thanks tidal, I'll give it a go!
    [​IMG]

9. Or while sitting on the toilet.