1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is there much supply in Norfolk/suffolk area at the moment?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by anon255, Jan 28, 2011.

1. I am trying to find out if there is a regular flow of primary/middle supply work in the Norfolk/Suffolk area.
    I would also like an idea of the best agencies to sign up with if anyone has had good experiences.
    Thanks
    K

2. I am trying to find out if there is a regular flow of primary/middle supply work in the Norfolk/Suffolk area.
    I would also like an idea of the best agencies to sign up with if anyone has had good experiences.
    Thanks
    K

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If no-one from your area replies, assume 'no' as generally supply work is drying up in most places.
    In my own area ( not yours though) I only get work from Middles; Secondaries use Cover Supervisors & Primaries use HLTAs for short-term cover.

4. No.

All Cover Supervisors, with TAs teaching some subjects.

5. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

You thought of crossing the border into Cambs at all and doing some secondary or primary supply? I'm with an agency that covers your area and they've kept my busy with long term cover in my subject. If you want drop me a PM and i can let you know who they are, the staff in the branch office are all nice as well.

6. I've had quite a bit of supply in Norfolk/Suffolk through Key Education this term. I've had some really positive experiences with them, and they are the only agency that have found me work in this area. Where are you based? Lots of local schools seem to use them. Have you thought of approaching schools directly. I've managed to secure some long term supply by going directly to schools.

7. Thanks for the responses!
    I'm Thetford/Bury St Edmunds area. Will give Key Education a go.
    Thanks again

8. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

My ex has a steady trickle of 2-3 days a week in the North Suffolk/Norfolk area [​IMG]