1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is there another way to get experience?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by CharlotteD9, Feb 27, 2012.

1. CharlotteD9

CharlotteD9 New commenter

Hi all,

I am an NQT and currently supplying getting single day and weekly contracts, unfortunately none of the schools I cover in need a new Science teacher!

My whole life is on hold until I find a permanent position in a school but I am getting overlooked by other teachers with more experience.

Is there anything else I can be doing to get this experience? Am I missing something??

My lessons go well, my interviews are fine, I can get interviews. The only thing I don't have is experience but no school will give me any.

I'm at a complete loss! Any help would be appreciated?

Many thanks

Charlotte

2. CharlotteD9

CharlotteD9 New commenter

Hi all,

I am an NQT and currently supplying getting single day and weekly contracts, unfortunately none of the schools I cover in need a new Science teacher!

My whole life is on hold until I find a permanent position in a school but I am getting overlooked by other teachers with more experience.

Is there anything else I can be doing to get this experience? Am I missing something??

My lessons go well, my interviews are fine, I can get interviews. The only thing I don't have is experience but no school will give me any.

I'm at a complete loss! Any help would be appreciated?

Many thanks

Charlotte