1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a problem with this? Interview issue

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by transilvanian, May 13, 2011.

1. Does it appear that someone was already chosen for the job before the ad went out? Did you apply? If it was you, it would be reasonable to write a letter of complaint to the governing body and request a response.

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Yes.
    Parity is essential

3. Parity is essential but so what? Isn't it just a case of hard luck on those NQTs who didnt apply

thanks

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Who were instructed by the school not to apply, according to you.

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

5. I agree with you. Basically the school put out a very narrow advert ( year group specific end of KS2 SATs experience, temporary and hardly anyone applied. There was never going to be that many that fitted the bill. So the NQT either didn't read the advert or just chanced her luck either way she got an interview and others didn't.
    Ethically it is not appropriate but in terms of any employment law is it an issue?