1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a losing weight thread already?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Pti pimousse, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Just wondering whether there is already a thread to help and support people who are trying to lose weight? Don't really want to start one if there is one around.
    thanks

2. Hi,
    Just wondering whether there is already a thread to help and support people who are trying to lose weight? Don't really want to start one if there is one around.
    thanks

3. There's one on H&W - Only reply if you've got more than three stones to lose.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Do the people who subscribe to that thread have to stop posting once they are less than 3 stones overweight?

5. I've lost all mine and I'm still on there! Motivational! Inspiring!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I didn't really mean you, Lily, as you are ubiquitous.

7. That means thin, yes?

8. I'm still posting on there having lost over 2 of ther 3 stones I needed to shift. Still needing the support though, this last stone is proving stubborn and I probably would have eased off and given up a bit without the encouragement and positive stories of others kicking me in to touch.

9. Wail, wail.....many of them are those dreadful slim types who are just into shaping up....[​IMG]
    I am calling the Trades Description bods in..[​IMG] I think there ought to be a 'Slim Women Who Just Need To Lose A Few Pounds' thread....
    I think those of us who have to shed 3 stones or more are in the minority, although we all share tales of dieting, life, temptations, set-backs etc...and success, so we have a lot in common.
    Sadly...I cannot relate much to those who are into running, breaking records, uber-fitness and fad diets...I might be able to when I am slimmer perhaps. It may be me but I do think the mindset might be (has to be?) different if you have a mountain rather than an ant-hill to climb?
    Dunno.[​IMG]
    Cosmos, our esteemed leader [​IMG]and thread starter might have other ideas...but I think all are welcome and the contributions from the slimmer people are useful too. I don't think anyone who was around at the start has left us yet Nutty...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Posts 5 and 6 made me laugh!
    I'm a spit in the eye off 2.5 stone lost but could stand to lose the half a stone that means I'm entitled to be on the 3 stone thread.

11. Hi,
    I heard about new service where you can discuss problems with another people who has obesity and get personalized health care plan. The link with registration
    www.primerlife.com

12. Cosmos, our esteemed leader [​IMG]and thread starter might have other ideas...
    No, no. Most emphatically all are welcome.
    I only started the thread as a reaction against those who put on 2lbs over Christmas and needed a diet buddy to get it all off again.
    Do join us - some are doing spectacularly well, others still struggling a little but it is very supportive.