1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a faster dance than the quick step?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

If there is, why don't they have more of it on Strictly, so they can get that nonsense over with faster and have more time to broadcast something worth watching?

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Jacob Stockdale.

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

The Cha-Cha-Charge

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Don't watch strictly then - it works for me.

5. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Actually *guilty secret here" I quite like Strictly. I rarely watch it because I usually off to the pub on a Saturday evening but have enjoyed it when I have caught up with it. Its probably more because of the comic comments by the "over the top" judges and the glamorous girls rather then the dancing but the show appeals on many levels. It is harmless and clean family entertainment.

Not that that stopped me watching "The Expendables 2" afterwords last night. Nothing but mindless explosions/guns and corny jokes throughout the entire film. I loved it.

As for a quicker dance I once had to perform the "Kathmandu Quickstep". You need to be nifty on your feet for that one. :D

6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Use your remote control device more effectively. Then you will never need to contemplate it at all.

7. burajda

burajda Star commenter

8. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

All of my life I've had a fractious relationship with television. I think I was affected from an early age. Sometimes we had a telly then it was taken away by the shop we rented it from.

When the council moved us out of the old house and across the road to the newly renovated council house, I went round before we moved in and, taking a pair of hedge clippers and standing on the adjoining wall, I cut the aerial cable high up on the outside wall. I was eight years old at the time.

I bought my first television in October of this year. The last television I had was in 1982 and it was a black and white one that had been given to me.

This new television is nothing but grief to me. I can only really watch the BBC which has less 'adverts' than the commercial channels. There seems to be advertisement breaks every ten minutes so there is nothing to concentrate on. Television controls you. It makes you watch at certain times and it destroys all your joy by broadcasting the most banal rubbish ever imaginable.

I've never watched 'Strictly Come Dancing' or anything with a 'panel' of commentators.

I have seen clips of these types of programmes and I feel like I am a highly rational being stumbling upon the Flavian Amphitheater.

To my mind, anyone finding any value in these formats is mentally unwell. Sure, have a proper dancing competition but to say the present slew of dross is of any cultural merit is to admit to being deeply sick.

It's pure excrement for the mentally challenged and socially inept.

9. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Do not the mentally challenged and socially inept (by your definitions and accounts that surely includes you) deserve to be entertained?
    It's not for you to pronounce on what they find entertaining.

10. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p to you Jude. I still like it.

Is that the one which they filled with water and staged mock sea battles? Now that would be entertainment ;)

11. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Lead commenter

st vitas?
    Doom - the chain gun cha cha