1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is the BBC anti-Labour

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Dec 8, 2019.

1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Are these people pro-Labour?
    like anyone actually needed to ask?!
    NOTE
    1 Paddy French declares an interest in this issue. A life-long Labour voter, he joined the party after Jeremy Corbyn was elected Leader.
    2 Much of this article is based on the work of others including The Canary, Electronic Intifada, Vox Political and Jewish Voice for Labour.

We know that there has never been any anti-Semitism in the Labour party and John McDonnell is wrong to say there is.

alex_teccy likes this.
  3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Taken from the OP's link...

THE PRESS GANG report on the Panorama programme 'Is Labour Anti-Semitic?' is published today.

We find the BBC was biased in its journalism, leaving the Corporation open to the charge that the broadcast was a deliberate attempt to interfere in the General Election.

The interim report lists serious breaches of the BBC’s own Editorial Guidelines in the 59 minute programme first aired on July 10.

So, a programme aired on 10th July was "a deliberate attempt to interfere in the general election" which was not called until 29th October, nearly four months later?

:rolleyes:

4. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The mainstream media are heavily biased against Corbyn,

I imagine everyone knows this, even if some will not admit it.

It's been utterly ridiculous at times.

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I wonder why! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Scintillant

He's a massive threat to the establishment and their way of life. It started as soon as he got elected.

They're absolutely bricking it.

Bricking it.

7. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Poor Auntie. Tories say she's anti (no pun intended) BJ, Labour that she's anti JC.

8. LondonCanary

So much so that some people say they will leave the country.

nomad likes this.
  9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

You've really downed that kool-aid.

artboyusa likes this.
  10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I thought of another group "bricking it"... British Jews. Ah well ...

Good to see Labour getting their excuses ready.

- mean BBC were against us. Excuse 1.

needabreak likes this.
  11. Scintillant

Is that the best you have?

I'm sure British Jews will be glad to have you on their side

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

12. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

The BBC has been blamed for bias for a whole variety of issues. Strange how only that corperation though. Yet I have heard what I call bias in the reporting of news from other TV shows and even the commentators o French TV online when the those asked for opinion have been anti-this or that or biased in their opinion against the Tory's.
    The real problem is if you load the goodies high then some folks will believe the Myth of the good side to a party. Many do not think through the plot or the result of their beliefs.
    Despite the accusations against labour no one really has dared to analyse the result of those actions and vague promises of how Labour will find the money for what they promised.It could and has been argued on forums on these forums that the thinking of the economic model they use id out of date. Then again many folks may vote out of idealism rather than reality or simply consider their pockets more than the policies being espoused.

13. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Right wingers see a pro-Labour bias, left wingers a pro-Conservative one. The BBC is the one area where Brits are good at complaining.

gruoch, needabreak and nomad like this.
  14. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

The "mistake" during the editing process of Boris Johnson's chaotic, hungover and shameful clown show at the Cenotaph, using footage of him laying a wreath while Foreign Secretary was "unfortunate", because the British people didn't get to see what a disaster of a Prime Minister they are about to elect.

Strangely enough, in yet another editing "error", Boris Johnson being resoundingly laughed at by the audience also gets deleted, with the insertion of his later response when the mocking laughter had died down.

One of these "mistakes" makes you wonder. Two I'm afraid damns the BBC as either incompetent (unlikely - the edits were professionally done) or partial. Heads needed to roll after the second one.

Sally006 likes this.
  15. LondonCanary

They know full well but they can't see any better option.
    It seems that RBL or Pidcock will take over after McDonnell's caretaker leadership. In 5 years it may well be someone better.

peter12171 and needabreak like this.
  16. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

The right honourable Pidcock will sould good announcing the leader of a country.

17. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

The Express and the Sun (not fit to wipe my Bum) are the major anti labour media outlets and have a lot to answer for, by driving both sides of our politics to the extremes.

I don't think that the BBC is actually anti labour even though a number of their political commentators are known Conservative supporters. (That is until Johnson and the ERG took over the party.)

No, what the BBCs problem is that it is 100% committed to being neutral and even handed in politics. But they have not yet figured out how to deal with the uber spin and propaganda of the present day Tories and the massive pro Tory output of the afore-mentioned gutter press. They are confusing quantity with quality and seem to just count up the column inches and ferocity of the Right.

The Fourth Estate is showing signs of being completely flummoxed by the likes of that toad, Cummings.

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  18. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

The problem with the biased editing I referred to above is that, had Corbyn been subjected to the jeering, or had lurched drunkenly out of turn to the Cenotaph to place his wreath upside-down, we all know how the BBC editors would have dealt with the event. This is where the palpable bias is taking place.

monicabilongame likes this.
  19. LondonCanary

So do you think the BBC editors are taking some sort of kickback from the Tory party?

20. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

Sounds like you believe the myth of Tory economic competence.
    myth of tory economic competence.png