1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is school refusal a problem in your school? Would you be willing to share your experience?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by beckydavis, Apr 23, 2016.

1. beckydavis

beckydavis New commenter

My name is Becky Davis, I am an MSc student at Reading University studying Development and Psychology. I am currently conducting research into school refusal.

School refusal behaviour is a problem that affects children and adolescents across the age spectrum. Here at the University of Reading, we are hoping to get a better understanding of school refusal in adolescents. We believe an important step is to understand teachers’ experiences of managing school refusal, and to gain their views on what support and interventions are currently available and what they think might be needed. We anticipate that this research will form the basis of future studies aiming to develop more effective interventions for school refusal.

We are seeking to conduct focus groups with teachers at secondary schools in the UK during the month of May. Each group will include 6-12 teachers. We will be asking participants to share their experiences of managing school refusal.

If you believe your school may be willing to take part, please could you contact me and I will send further information.

I understand that this time of year is extremely busy and I am very grateful for your help and co-operation. I look forward to hearing from you.

2. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Hi Becky
    Post this request in "personal" and "secondary.". This bit of the forum is for saying hello and reading some of the rules.
    Cheers