1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is my head correct?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by dusty67, Jul 3, 2011.

1. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

I spoke to our HR department a while ago about job sharing TLRs. I had a teacher returning from maternity leave who wanted to job share. They told me that a TLR can not be job shared. When I pressed a bit further and explained about the person returning from maternity leave and wanting part time, they said that that could be done, but a TLR could not be established as a job share in the first instance.
    If in doubt phone your own HR department for further clarificaton.

2. Thank you for your response, currently im receiving a tlr that is reduced to reflect the hours i work (so about 0.6). I thought this arrangment could continue

3. thank you for your response, I am already receiving a 0.6 tlr for DT and I suspect If i got the maths it would also be another 0.6. That is not the issue my query is is my head correct to make me think I have a chance when apparently i do not? thanks again

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Your HT cannot tell you to apply nor tell you not to. They cannot tell you that you have no chance at all, nor that you have a very good one.

If everyone else thinks the post is a full time on and the advert says full time then you can probably surmise that the HT is looking for someone full time.