1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is my agency taking the proverbial?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Rosamicula, Jan 28, 2012.

1. I am working in a severe EBD school in the home counties and my agancy claim that 120 quid a day is the most they can pay me despite the fact that I am commuting 90 mins each way to get there. I worked in FE before and have no idea what the usual rate is. Any advice would be very welcome!

2. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

I don't think they are- I work in inner city London, full time long term for £122.50 per day.
    The 90mins each way is a nightmare- I used to do it when I was permanent and I was exhausted all of the time.
    BPG

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Depends on the agency, and whether they're quoting the gross or net figure (probably gross). £120 a day's not the worst flat rate mentioned on here by any means. As a ready reckoner for scale pay you'd be paid £110 on MPS point 1, and £10 a day more for each additional point up the scale. If you're MPS 2 you're effectively being paid to scale.