1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is mat. pay different if your temp, but have 5yrs full service, plus a couple of yrs random supply

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by bluearsedfly, May 16, 2011.

1. I didnt think it made a difference as I have 5 full time yrs of service, plus a couple of yrs doing random supply.
    I am temporary (due to numbers), leave for maternity on 17th July, but I'm am going back in Nov and I'll be at my school until at least the end of next school yr (2011-12).
    BUT my job share has told me that temporary teachers get as different rate of maternity pay to permanent teachers... is this correct? I've looked on my union's www, and the burgundy book but can't find any info saying either way.
    Has anyone heard of temp mat pay differing to perm? and how was it different?
    Thanks

2. I'm afraid I have no idea but perhaps post on Pay and Conditions and someone better equipped with the knowledge can help?
    Congratulations by the way on your pregnancy. [​IMG]