1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it worth being an author

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by happymathematician, Apr 23, 2018.

1. happymathematician

happymathematician New commenter

I am a retired Mathematics teacher and I'm thinking of spending my time writing worksheets for TES. I write pretty good ones (I think) but it would be time consuming - is it worth the effort?
    Before I start this I would like others opinions please.

13smith and frangipani123 like this.
  2. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Yes - it is worthwhile - if you produce good quality resources they will sell and you will generate an income. Furthermore, it is beneficial in keeping your mind active, you will still impact on teachers and pupils not just in this country but also around the world, you continue to learn new things and skills and you become part of a supportive TES author community. I would say it is definitely worthwhile. I, too, am retired.

3. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

It is not going to make you rich- but I love thinking they are helpful to some teacher out there in the wide world. The feedback I receive and the discussion they generate keeps me in the loop with changes in the syllabus ( although this is less useful for you I guess). Furthermore when you are enjoying a nice meal somewhere or just sipping on a posh coffee from the proceeds you can thank your fellow teachers. GO FOR IT

LikeAnExpert likes this.
  4. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

here here

Krazikas likes this.
  5. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Yes, it is. But be prepared for a slow start and some massive ups and downs along the way. I don't regret it!

6. 13smith

13smith New commenter

I agree, I am experiencing that stage right now :) But you definitely learn to appreciate every download.

mrajlong likes this.