1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it VERY sad to be pleased I got this book for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Dec 26, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outstanding-Primary-School-Teacher-Teaching/dp/1441138412/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1324925284&sr=1-1

It is actually very readable, with some fab ideas that will actually work in the classroom on a daily basis.

If you don't have it, then I can heartily recommend it.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

My son gave me 'Getting the Little B******s to Behave' which I borrowed years ago from a colleague.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL I have that...and several of the others.

4. I've just read the Amazon reviews for the book and they are all very positive, I'm definitely going to order it! I'm now in my fifth year as a TA and starting a Primary PGCE next September so will find it very useful. If you have any other books you could recommend that would be great.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Errr I have loads...
    Probably the most useful are the ones that begin 'You Can...' So You can have a creative classroom. You can get your class to write. And several others. But they do split into KS1 and KS2, so they might be better for your NQT year when you know which you will use more.

Pimp Your Lesson is also good, a bit more secondary orientated I think, but still useful for a primary teacher, though my new book is better.

Any of the jumpstart books are fab for KS2, and adaptable to a point for KS1.

6. Thanks, minnie, that's great. I'll add your recommendations to my Amazon wishlist then I'll be able to have a proper look. I specified KS2, as a preference, at my interview but will be very happy in both key stages on placement. I was in our local Waterstones this week and spent ages leafing through all of the teaching books, I could have spent a fortune.