1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it true you need a job in an international school?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Buttles, May 7, 2011.

1. Buttles

Buttles New commenter

You may have secured or more likely been rejected by the HR department at the international school.
    Ask yourself: How would you react if you knew you could relocate abroad without a teaching job?
    There are many options including selling your home and spending some of that cash travelling and teaching. That's right - enjoying your life without being chained to a 2 year contract.
    I did it, so can you.

2. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

True, very true! My thoughts exactly! I'm only considering selling my UK house because I want to live overseas as well as teach overseas. More house for my money in places like rural France and Italy - teaching can take place any where I want it to with the exception of the UK!

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Of course, you could just let out your house in the UK.
    As for buying in France or Italy, I would say that you need to look at BULGARIA first. Our five-bedroomed house in the mountains near Sofia has a big garden, lovely views and only cost us 30,000 euros. We love Bulgaria so much that we have now bought an apartment too. You will pay a lot more elsewhere. PM me if you want more information.