1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

is it true there is no longer a sports mark?

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Teacher1212, Jul 2, 2012.

1. I am PE coordinator and at the start of the year was asked to renew the sports mark.
    I was told by a PE leader that they got rid of this. Can someone confirm if this is the case?

2. I am PE coordinator and at the start of the year was asked to renew the sports mark.
    I was told by a PE leader that they got rid of this. Can someone confirm if this is the case?

3. The old version of Gold Sports Mark & Sports mark went about 5/6 years ago. Active mark (primary) & Sports mark (secondary) were given to schools via their sports partnerships data who had 90% of the schools children taking part in 2 hours of PE a week.
    There was also a sports partnership mark for partnerships who hit the same target.

Now partnerships have gone ..........will the old version make a come back??

4. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

These marks were pointless. Schools lied to get the mark - Class 1 played benchball for 2 mins in the hall so that counts as 2 hours of physical activity a week. I believe the new mark is tied into the Your School Games thing.