1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it too early for the 'blame game'?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lexus300, Mar 25, 2020.

1. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I am referring to China's and the W.H.O's culpability and conduct at the start of the nCoV crisis.

The virus began in a Wuhan wet market. The Chinese communist regime's initial reaction was to lie and destroy evidence and to allow the virus to spread. It arrested Doctors who back in December 2019 tried to warn the world. They were accused of fabricating and disseminating and spreading false rumors. They have all since died! Many other protesters have vanished after they tried to document the nCoV crisis in China.
    The Chinese regimes initial cover up was to destroy lab., samples that established in early December the cause of the (up till then) unexplained viral infection.
    Had the Chinese regime behaved responsibly they could have avoided 95% of virus cases (Southampton UNI). They did not take decisive action until 4 weeks or so after they arrested Doctors and other protesters.

Add to all of the above the W.H.O's complicity in the initial cover up. From the start the W.H.O., were full of praise for the Chinese regimes handling of the situation. They pushed desired narratives and ignored the Chinese regimes cover up.
    In mid January the W.H.O., stated that investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human to human transmission of nCoV.

So, whilst some on here are busy trying to denigrate our Governments actions and President Trumps I thought I would introduce the real culprits.

Nebka, xmal, artboyusa and 1 other person like this.
  2. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

Perhaps post this infection we all need to stop buying Chinese goods.

ms honey and Nebka like this.
  3. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I have already made that decision.

4. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

I disagree. This isn't the time for an inquiry - not nationally, not globally. The time for that is when the outbreak is controlled - or indeed when it's over.

Ro13, needabreak, install and 5 others like this.
  5. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

History shows it's never too early to blame anyone for anything.

6. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

It's best to let if start happening and then blame based on partial evidence, The fewer facts that are known the better unless those facts clearly show that we can blame foreigners, ideally the Axis powers and bring WWII into the discussion, but failing that China will do.

7. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Yes. There are better uses of energy atm.

8. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I tend to agree with you on that.
    However, There is danger in that it may all be swept under the carpet by that time for the sake of globalism.

ms honey, DrLinus and border_walker like this.
  9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

?

10. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I tend to agree but we should not allow it to just disappear. IMO.

artboyusa likes this.
  11. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

Very evil of the Chinese, waiting until we’d run down our Health systems and having government led by an irresponsible clown.

Is the blame game only for the initiators?

TeacherMan19, afterdark, JL48 and 6 others like this.
  12. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Not at all.
    Although the state of the NHS is off topic but:
    I too hate the way the NHS has been run down over many decades. That is through both Conservative and Labour governments. The bean counters arrived under Thatcher and remained through all governments. Hospitals have been closed all over the country and that is why the NHS is in such a parlours state now.

13. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

o_O:(

14. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

The media started blaming Boris and Trump from Day 1.
    Funny how China, or rather President Xi, gets a pass?

xmal, Nebka, Kandahar and 2 others like this.
  15. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Should I be boycotting my local Chinese takeaway?

16. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

These legislators agree with you. And I agree with you too.
    Hawley, Stefanik Introduce Bill to Investigate China for Coronavirus Coverup
    “Since day one, the Chinese Communist Party intentionally lied to the world about the origin of this pandemic. The CCP was aware of the reality of the virus as early as December but ordered laboratories to destroy samples and forced doctors to keep silent,” Hawley, who first called for an investigation last week, said in a press release.

“There is no doubt that China’s unconscionable decision to orchestrate an elaborate coverup of the wide-ranging and deadly implications of coronavirus led to the death of thousands of people, including hundreds of Americans and climbing,” Stefanik added. “This Resolution calls for China to provide compensation for the harm, loss, and destruction their arrogance brought upon the rest of the world. Simply put China must, and will, be held accountable.”

The bill calls the international community to “quantify the harm caused” by China’s actions and to “design a mechanism for delivering compensation” from the CCP to those affected.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news...to-investigate-china-for-coronavirus-coverup/

xmal, Kandahar and lexus300 like this.
  17. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

No. Unless your local takeaway is run by the CCP that would be a stupid and bigoted thing to do.

JL48 likes this.
  18. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Only if they are serving bat.

19. abwdSTEM

abwdSTEM Occasional commenter

There are several reasons to boycott buying Chinese goods; their Human rights record, their disregard for protecting endangered species and supporting British industry to name a few.

But perhaps this pandemic is not one of them.

20. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

The Chinese government doesn't have a problem with "blaming foreigners" for its homegrown virus.
    Inside China’s campaign to blame the U.S. for the coronavirus pandemic
    Chinese officials and state media sow doubt — and levy accusations — about COVID-19 disease’s origin
    As coronavirus cases dwindle in China, and explode across the rest of the world, Beijing is undertaking a campaign to shift blame for the emergence of the disease to a familiar foe — the United States.

The seemingly coordinated effort to, at minimum, sow doubts about the virus’s origin, and, at its most extreme, to directly accuse the U.S. military of creating and spreading the pathogen, has come from Chinese medical leaders, ambassadors and Foreign Ministry spokespersons — not to mention the hundreds of thousands of comments on Chinese social media echoing the conspiracy theories.

The undertaking is part of a broader campaign to deflect blame for the pandemic and China’s delay in taking action early in the emergence of the disease, which global experts say began in Wuhan, Hubei Province, potentially as early as November, and has infected more than 160,000 worldwide and killed nearly 6,000...
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/i...he-us-for-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-03-15
    Nor does Iran.
    Iran Knows Who to Blame for the Virus: America and Israel
    The regime’s ideological army is spinning conspiracy theories even as it helps spread the virus among Iran’s long-suffering people.
    ...As news of coronavirus cases in Iran spread, the IRGC quickly developed a narrative for the disease. It portrayed the virus as a conspiracy orchestrated by the United States, in an attempt to rejuvenate the anti-Americanism that lies at the heart of the regime’s ideology. Hossein Salami, the commander of the Guard, has suggested the coronavirus may be an “American biological invasion,” leading some of the regime’s defenders to call for a retaliatory response. Indeed, a deeper look at IRGC-linked communications networks reveals a systematic propaganda campaign to seize the pandemic as an opportunity to vilify not only the United States, but also the regime’s other traditional ideological enemy, Israel, as well. The propaganda includes claims that the virus is a “Zionist biological terrorist attack,” in line with previous allegations that the so-called Zionist regime has conducted “12 bioterrorist attacks.
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/19/iran-irgc-coronavirus-propaganda-blames-america-israel/

burajda, xmal, Kandahar and 1 other person like this.