1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it time for action?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rockmeamadeus, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Is it time for a deomnstration against the downgrading of Music as a subject? By not including it in the EB and describing those subjects that are included as "Rigorous" what message is being sent? We all know how difficult it is to get A and B's in music - how can we get this message across? How can we protect music as a requirement at KS3? How can we stop this dismantling of 20 years of music education?
    Ideas?

2. Is it time for a deomnstration against the downgrading of Music as a subject? By not including it in the EB and describing those subjects that are included as "Rigorous" what message is being sent? We all know how difficult it is to get A and B's in music - how can we get this message across? How can we protect music as a requirement at KS3? How can we stop this dismantling of 20 years of music education?
    Ideas?

3. I'd be quite prepared to have Mr Gove in my AS group and see how he copes with the course! (I'd be at some personal cost to me though).
    I don't know how to make people aware of what the courses comprise/demand. I've just about won the battle with SMT, who've always presumed that my students just practice and perform before.
    I'd have thought it would fairly easy to see that the courses are demanding from reading the specifications or asking students - I wonder if anyone from the government would be prepared to do that?
    Actually, I might write to my MP (a Tory) and invite him down. He's a top figure in the party but one of the good ones and a real community-based constituancy MP. Hmmm...now that IS something I will do.

4. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

The numbers involved would be too small to be effective. Action through MPs may be more fruitful but I doubt it.

5. bod99

bod99 New commenter

I'm curious as to when the Henley review will actually surface. or should that be if.

6. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter