1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it summer yet??

Discussion in 'Personal' started by harsh-but-fair, Apr 14, 2012.

1. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

2. To be fair, harshy, yes and no.

3. I think it must be summer, I have just put the heating back on!

4. It's still freezing most of the time here, just the occasional morning when it's been ok to get the summery clothes and sandals out, don't think I'll chance it at school though.....!

5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

School was freezing when I was in on Thursday, so I'm sticking with winter woolies and boots. Doesn't help that my bit faces north and is on a corner of the building, so never gets any sun.

6. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

There was a bit of a cold wind whistling round the ol' taters down at the nudist camp today.

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Cardies at the ready still.
    The day before yesterday was beautifully sunny until a cloud drifted over and dumped its load of hail and freezing rain all over my nearly-dry washing.

8. Cardies will be worn! When we had the warm weather just before the Easter holiday school was far too hot due to the mixture of the weather and the heating still being on at full blast. I expect the heating will be off when we return next week so it will be rather chilly unless the weather improves.

9. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Ditto. You must be my neighbour!
    No more thermals but defo no sandals yet!

10. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

It's difficult to dress for my school even when the weather makes its mind up about what it's going to do. The school hall is always freezing, and the PPA room rarely makes it above 15 degrees, even with the heating on. My classroom, on the other hand, is a permanent sauna. It's unbearable in winter when the radiators are going full blast as well (antiquated heating system, no individual control, so no hope of getting them switched off due to arctic conditions elsewhere in building!)

Layers is the only solution.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Summer is due to start tomorrow - I know this because tomorrow I go back to school after 2 weeks of perishing cold weather which has included torrential rain, hailstones and snow. Yesterday it was sunny but the temperature never made it into double figures and right now the sun is out and it is threatening to be a lovely day so at least I'll have had 2 days in the garden, which is not enough to sort it out!

12. It's only April ;)