1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it snowing yet?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Feb 4, 2012.

1. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

We've already got a couple of inches here and it's not showing much sign of letting up. Forecast says it will snow until about midnight, then be clear all day tomorrow before snowing again tomorrow night from about 8pm. The roads are getting a bit tricky out there (Just driven home from the parents' place and it was a bit dodgy and slippy on the corners).
    I'm oop north on Teesside, I should mention.

2. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

North West - no snow!
    I had the heating on all morning and it was a very fine drizzle outside, bit of a breeze, and I couldn't understand why the house was not really warmng up. Decided to go out at about 2.30 and that was when I realised how flippin cold it was outside, not wonder the house was struggling to stay warm. The rain was literally freezing onto my car. Didn't stay out long toooo cold.

3. Nothing yet in our part of South East London. Very cold though, and extremely dry - no frost anywhere.

4. We're up to about a quarter of an inch here. I particularly like the way the snow is settling on the salt the council put down yesterday! Well done Lambeth [​IMG]

5. zannar

zannar New commenter

Just non stop rain here. [​IMG]

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

there is no snow in my part of east london!

7. That's 'cos we're selfishly keeping it!
    Sorry Olds [​IMG]

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

<a>www.raintoday.co.uk[/URL]

9. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Snowing most of the day here, and several inches thick. (Mids)
    Just wondering if the local offie will be open! [​IMG]

10. It's been snowing fine stuff since about midday here in the Midlands...about two inches or more on the ground now. Everywhere is covered in a blanket of snow now and it's still snowing! It's coming down fast. The sky looked 'full of it' this afternoon... No one is venturing out...There are no footprints or tyre prints in the virgin snow - just cat paw prints that went approximately ten inches from the door and then doubled back [​IMG]

11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

well it is snowing now.......but the sort of wet snow.not nice.i like big flacky snow!

12. Been snowing non stop since about 4pm here on the north east coast. Not very big flakes though so only about 1 - 2cm. Not due to snow here again until the end of the week tho I guess this may change.

13. Well had a horrible drive from Leicester to Coventry in snow at 5pm. Got to my estate and the roads were already really tricky.

Don't know if I'll be venturing out tomorrow unless the rain comes as promised and washes the white stuff away.

14. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Not a sign of anything significant yet here in deepest Kent. We had a small layer of a couple of millimetres when I got up this morning and the weathermen claimed the snow would reach us ten minutes ago, but it ain't and I'm not complaining.
    I think it's only teachers who look forward to snow so they can catch up on their marking when the schools are closed.

15. Hello from Moseley, Birmingham!
    We have about 6-7cms and it is still snowing. About to take the dogs out for a walk in the snow around the block. Started snowing and getting blizzardy whilst I was in the Lickey hills this afternoon..good job I drove back home as it came down pretty fast then.
    Been snowing here since about 2ish!
    I love it!!! Enjoy.

16. Still nothing in North Shropshire. Good.

17. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

This is on Teesside. Forecast to keep snowing here. It's slow but constant at the moment. Clear tomorrow then more snow tomorrow night if the forecast is correct, which is has been so far. I LOVE snow watch...it's fun.
    [​IMG]

18. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Snow in Oldham and Oxford.

19. It's snowing here now, and sticking.

20. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

At last! Only tiny little flakes, but at least it's snow, and it looks as though it might settle. (Sussex)