1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it snowing yet?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Feb 4, 2012.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Yes,I thought that you'd get a wee bit down your way. Still,nothing like last December!

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

has been snowing for about an hour here - just 15 mins awat from Bell's "North Hampshire" in what must, I suppose, be called Central Berkshire

3. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

Snowing here since about 11.30 and still snowing now.

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Just started here at 17.45, mid Cambridgeshire - most excited!
    (I've had to put a brolly over the bbq where the beer can chicken is cooking)

5. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

A couple of inches here in North Yorkshire, and it's now below freezing so I'm glad we're not planning to go out. Our road is completely white. Asda was heaving this morning, presumably with people stocking up for the one day of snow we're supposed to be getting!

Beer can chicken in this weather! Whatever next. Hope it's lovely.

The hens' water froze twice today, and they've been skulking under the house (theirs, not mine!) all day, poor things.

6. 17:50 - no snow in North Shropshire, but icy sleet that's accumulated throughout the day, into a covering half an inch thick.
    This is the most unpleasant weather I've experienced in a long time.

7. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

Wohoo just started in my part of Hertfordshire, very fine at the moment though.

8. Nope. My shiny new snow shovel hasn't even been out of the shed this winter...here's hoping it stays that way.

9. Snowing steadily in Wiltshire since lunchtime...very fine snow. Bitterly cold!
    I want big fat snowflakes.....this is rubbish!

10. I'm curled up in front of the rugby too maddy - and dying of boredom! Scotland losing.....well they deserve to!

11. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

None for us but this morning we had rain that froze when it hit the ground - the car had a layer of it too!

12. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Nothing yet here in Sussex - it's supposed to start about 9ish tonight. I went out this morning and bought a sledge for Cariadlet (tried last year, when we had loads of snow, but everywhere had sold out), so I'm hoping for a good thick covering when we wake up tomorrow.

13. Snowing since about midday and causing chaos on the roads here (W. Yorks).

14. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Nothing here yet - London / Kent borders. Daugher is preparing an 18th birthday celebration in the kitchen, with platters of Iceland's finest (quite apt I suppose). I've told her to tell her mates to bring their overnight stuff in case they cannot get home. We're off to a friend's birthday party soon. I'm taking my wellies in case we have a late night snowy walk back home.

15. We've had a dusting on the edges of the Cotswolds but it has fizzled out!

16. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

no snow in east london......but if it does on monday ill be expecting supply work.....why do they expect supply teachers to get there but not the teachers? lol

17. No snow but did have icicles hanging from the car which didn't melt even during a trip to the shops. Brrrrrr!

18. Had a light dusting since noon but it's coming really thick now [​IMG]- Wakefield, W.Yorks

19. Snowing in South London!
    Yay!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Started snowing here in Wandsworth just after 6pm and the pavements are all white now. I see Heath Row has cancelled two thirds of its flights for tomorrow as, apart from the snow, thick fog is also forecast.