1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it snowing yet?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Feb 4, 2012.

1. It is here, since about an hour ago. Thick and fast, small flakes, but settling really quickly. It has been very dry here this week so we might be in trouble.

2. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

not here.... meant to be tonight....

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Small flakes here but coming down steadily. As you said, it's very dry so it's settling.

4. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

not here yet -but very cold and lake in the park frozen solid

5. Yes in the South and settling !!!!!!!!!!!

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Did for about a couple of minutes but now turned back to rain.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm so happy that were are not getting any. Down South can have it all!

8. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

It snowed here this morning - briefly. Sleet this afternoon.
    The grass outside still has a light covering - the paths seem to be clearing....but there may well be more snow tomorrow.
    It is <u>very</u> cold!

9. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

The view from upstairs... not a thick covering but settling and coming down fast.

[​IMG]

10. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It's been snowing here since 12.30pm - just the fine stuff, but it's settled.
    A couple of hours ago, one of the foxes that live in the large area of woodland behind our cul de sac came down to look for food (we see them quite often at this time of year, often during the day) and she was limping on her front left paw, poor thing. My dog was beside himself with rage when she scuttled past our front window.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Still snowless in SW London.

12. Very grey and bitterly cold her in the south west. It's been snowing lighly this morning but then a lot heavier this afternoon. Now it's warmed up (relatively !) to 1 degree and its melting. Guess it will freeze later and very icy on the roads.
    Diva us freezing cold at Murrayfield whilst I'm in the warm with the cat enjoying the smell of lancashire hotpot gently cooking, watching the rugby in the warm. .
    Filled up the birdfeeders and have redwings on the cooking apples. Poor things.

13. Been snowing since 1:00pm in Worcestershire....about 2 or 3 inches...still coming down hard.

14. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

It started about 3/4 of an hour ago in leafy Warwickshire. Goodish covering already. [​IMG]

15. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

No sign in Hertfordshire yet

16. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Sleeting in north Hampshire, but snowploughs out on M3!

17. Snowing in Gloucester - very fine but been going since mid day so about 1cm on low lands now. Lovely. Will probably rain before Monday so we can all get to work :-(

18. I've had snow quite steadily for most of the afternoon. It's not lying so far and I can see clear skies coming.

19. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Snowing in this part of North Hampshire (we are on high ground though) - and settling

20. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Just started in our part of Hetfordshire (Chilterns)!
    We've battened down the hatches and are ready [​IMG]