1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it not about time that charitable status is removed from fee-paying schools?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by moscowbore, Sep 30, 2019.

1. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

We were actually very 'hands off' parents as it happens - partly due to family circumstances (which I can't really go into here), but also through choice & inclination. Both are children are, in their own ways, pretty independent adults and I'm sure that's better the the opposite. Nothing worse than 'helicopter' parents (and I know one or two of them!)

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I wasn't suggesting you were helicopter parents just that as you said you clearly had the skills and knowledge about UCAS for Russell Group uni's that you said we're lacking in your daughters non selective school.

3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I didn't think you were - but there is no doubt there are such about (the name is - to me at least - a lot newer than my days of parenting school age pupils: our younger child did her A Levels 9 years ago...seems only yesterday!)

needabreak likes this.