1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it normally like this??

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by dibble1979, Oct 2, 2018.

1. dibble1979

dibble1979 New commenter

Hi, just wondering if it is normally slow this time of year for supply TA's to be called in? Getting edgy that they have someone else but Hubby says is probably more budget or that no one is off.

Thanks for any replies in advance:)

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

I think your OH is right. Budgets are so tight now that Heads will move staff around and juggle times to avoid paying supply TAs, and it's also pretty early in the year for much sick leave! People are still supposed to be fit and healthy after the summer break! Wait a few weeks until the cold weather comes, then you should get some work.

dibble1979 likes this.
  3. dibble1979

dibble1979 New commenter

Thank you sunshineneeded it makes me feel better to hear it from someone else, not easy to let Hubby be right!! I did wonder myself if that is why but always thinking the worst.
    Always a pleasure to read what you say, you certainly have made it a bit less overcast in my head. :)