1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it nearly all over?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by littlemissraw, Aug 5, 2011.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Have just sent in my last application for a chance of getting a teaching job... not sure why I'm posting it just seems so final. [​IMG]

2. I completely sympathise. I had an interview the week before term finished, and I didn't get it. I spent the evening "in mourning" as I knew that my opportunity for getting a job for September had just died right there. But in your case, it most certainly IS NOT all over! There is ALWAYS a chance.

3. littlemissraw

I'm amazed a job even came up. Was hoping it was a 'sign' that maybe I'm meant to stay in teaching but now I'm not too sure as don't meet 1 of the essential spec...
    Will they even be able to get references with schools being off? What are you plans now AT? x

4. Hi, if you don't get a ticket you never know eh?

5. Hi LMR
    My plans are .... not exactly in place, to say the least! I am still looking for teaching jobs, TA jobs and supply work. Things keep cropping up, so I am lucky in that respect! It would have been nice to have been sorted by now, though! X

6. littlemissraw

I know that feeling. Thought 12 month would have been long enough to secure a job!! x

7. I have been looking for fifteen months and........nothing. To count the number of agencies I have joined, I would have to take off my shoes and socks and continue counting on my toes; the result, six days work! This is maths and science in London, too! As to applications, well over two hundred; result....nothing!

8. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

Good luck - hope this is the one! Xx