1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it my job to arrange work placements?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Mysti, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Hello

I think I may have unwittingly agreed to something that I should not have.

I am at a new school/6th form and my new line manager has put down, with my agreement, although I thought about it afterwards.... duh!, to arrange placements for about 25 new students for September. It is a new course, HSC BTEC and so have to make new contacts but I feel now that actually that shouldnt be my job, its an admin job. Am I right?

On top of this, the current students on the CCLD course, she wants me to organise their placements, and inform, by writing a letter to the schools about students needing to study another age group and so wants me to organise that too. Surely I shouldnt be doing that as well?
    There is a work placement officer allocated to the school but apprently shes too busy.

Please please advise.

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

The 24 tasks a teacher should not undertake as part of the workload agreement says
    12. Administration of work experience (teachers may still need to select placements and support pupils by advice or visits).