1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by girlychemist, Sep 15, 2019.

1. girlychemist

girlychemist New commenter

Phone rings agency on line. Got a vacancy right up my street can they put my CV forward? Yes Please!

Then nothing.

Is it too much to ask for a sentence of feedback to explain why I wasn't selected by the school? One of agencies said oh well the schools never give feedback. Um, did you ask? No? How can the agency find the right candidates if no-one feeds back? How can I improve my chances of employment by upgrading my CV if no one feeds back?

Aaarrrghhh!!

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

We've all been there. Sometimes the job doesn't even exist - sometimes the school finds someone, sometimes they don't or they take someone from an agency they know well.

It's pretty tough out there.

JohnJCazorla, pepper5 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

I agree with peakster -it is tough.

Find a better agency or in an ideal world dont rely on them.

JohnJCazorla likes this.
  4. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Senior commenter

If you apply for a job directly, rather than through an agency, you are not likely to get any acknowledgement, or feedback either. Not in teaching, or in any other walk of life.

pepper5 likes this.
  5. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

The phrasing sounds like the agency is just trying to get you to register with it. Almost certainly, the job does not exist.

pepper5 likes this.
  6. freshfriesan

freshfriesan Occasional commenter

Also, could just be a case, most likely of another agency got in there first to fill the post. That's how it works on the supply.

pepper5 likes this.