1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by perky_panda, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Or is anyone else going back to work tomorrow and really doesn't want to?! I don't mind work actually, sometimes even enjoy it lol but I hate the day before going back, and after 1hr you feel like you have never had a holiday anyway :(

2. v12

v12

I still have until Friday off - then it's 'Staff Training', on Saturday we have Staff CR Meeting from 9am - 1pm.
    Let joy and rapture be unconfined.
    Only problem is that Mrs v12 works in another school and goes back, like most, tomorrow - leaving me to look after young Master and Mistress v12 (who go to school at my school).
    Tsk tsk.

3. copycat

copycat Occasional commenter

Me too!!
    Everyone else seems to be still on holiday.[​IMG]

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

The good thing about carrying on until last period on the 23rd is that we're only going back next Monday. As a colleague said to me "Christmas,New-Year and a holiday" !

5. Some of my friends are going back on Wed, one on Thurs but most are back in tomorrow. It is inset which is good but also liable to be very boring so shall be asleep most of the morning ;)

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

On Thursday morning I'll find out if I'm going back at all. I have to turn up at the school in the morning and see if the teacher I've been covering for has returned to work or not. If they have, I have to come home, lose a day's work and wait for another supply assignment somewhere else. So it goes.

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'm not back until 10th [​IMG]

8. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Can't you phone?

9. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Many supply teachers would be only too grateful to be going to work tomorrow - sorry you have such uncertainty, msb. Hope it works out for you.

10. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I start a new job tomorrow. Have been looking around fruitlessly on the interweb, trying to distract myslef, but the tummy is sqiggling away, and the forhead is aching, just above my left eyebrow, specifically. no doubt I can expect to get little sleep, if any, tonight!!![​IMG](nervous, excited, nervous, excited...)

11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, supply is so difficult when covering for sick colleagues. Perhaps someone will phone before Thurs, if only to help you prepare something for the Thurs /Fri.

12. oh i sooo don't feel like i've had a proper holiday - christmas never is, is it? i've spent all day today tidying, but i've only really undone about 30% of the christmas damage
    one more sleep till school [​IMG]

13. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Good luck with the new job clear_air. Get in there and enjoy it!
    I do like my job but I prefer the holidays. This one has seemed very short. All those events to get in the way. I am back on Wednesday but Mr BS is in tomorrow. It sounds mean but I am looking forward to a day to myself. I have quite a few chores to do but I can watch what I want to on TV while I do them!

14. Yeah, this holiday always feels shorter because of all the events etc going on.

15. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Thanks[​IMG]eeek!!!!
    However, a day spent in my new room, setting it up, etc etc will be, in many ways, nicer than my activity today; namely taking 2 of my children swimming...HYGIENE ISSUES!!! HYGEINE ISSUES!!

16. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I'm on supply and starting a long term-ish post on Wednesday. AGHHHHHHHH!!!!! [​IMG]
    After 18 months of being told I was rubbish, I've got very mixed feelings. Everyone says I'll be fine, but they're not living in my head are they? What gives me some confidence is that I've done some days in the school already and when this job came up, they asked for me by name. Now, however, my negative side is saying am I guilty of fooling some of the people all of the time?
    I've prepped my lessons and just need to do a mamoth print run on Wednesday morning.
    My agency have been brilliant and SO supportive.
    I'm expecting the I-can't-sleep tomorrow night, but as I have been put on steroids for a medical thingy, I haven't been sleeping properly anyway. Tomorrow's plan is to have coffee with a friend, wander round the shops, come home and keep busy, including checking through my lesson plans. Also, worry about my wee 15 year old cat who is having an operation. I hope to goodness he makes it through as he is rather precious.
    .....and again, AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! [​IMG]

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Hope to be going back to work in April!!!
    Best of luck to those starting new jobs and those on supply, I did that for many years, a choice due to the unsocial hours my o/h works. Couldn't do it now though!!

18. Ha Ha! I'm not in til Monday![​IMG] Sorry..... OH put me up to it!! I will feel your pain on Sunday.

19. I am dreading it. I have my favourite class tomorrow and I have my lessons sorted for the week, but I still feel sick. I hate the other people who work at my school and I don't have a classroom to hide in. I am going to try and hide in the library tomorrow, I like the librarian.

20. casper

casper New commenter

No inset straight into teaching tomorrow. Our school have stupid issues with planners. The pupils do not get them until tutor time after lunch each half term. How many pupils will forget which lessons they have and turn up late.Oh joy!.