1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it cheeky to put my return to work date at the start of the Easter hols?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Miss JJ, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Miss JJ

Miss JJ New commenter

Hello,

I'm hoping to return to work after the Easter Holidays in April 2012, is it very cheeky to put my return to work date as the start of the 2 week break or just a perk of the job?

I'm not sure what to do!

Thanks in advance

x

2. goonergirl2009

goonergirl2009 New commenter

The start date of my maternity leave was the first day of the September term and my return to work date was the first day of the following summer holiday... I would put your return date as the first day of the Easter holiday!x

3. Miss JJ

Miss JJ New commenter

Thank you! perk of the job then! x

4. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I'm going to! I have to anyway as i will have had a year off on March 30th. How nice that it coincides with the start of the holidays [​IMG]

5. I put the start of the summer hols as my return to work date. You think it's a perk of the job, but it's not really...in other employment you can take your 12 months' mat leave, then the annual holiday you've accrued whilst you've been off. I found in practice a lot of my fellow new mums who weren't teachers ended up having about 14 months off work as a result of this policy! We get our 12 months' annual leave but can't accrue holidays, so don't feel guilty at all about putting your return to work date as the start of a holiday...

6. I returned last year at the same time but couldn't bring myself to be so blatantly cheeky (though I know you are fully entitled to and don't blame you if you do!). Instead i went back 1 week before the end of the Easter hols. It actually helped to ease me back into work and I still got paid for the hols. Just an idea!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I recently had an interview for a maternity contract. The head told me that the person would probably come back on the last day of term thus ending my contract.
    You win, a supply teacher loses. C'est la vie.