1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is it appropriate to...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tigger82, May 4, 2012.

1. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Good afternoon All
    I have applied for a post at local preparatory school and the closing date was today.
    The school is one of the options we are considering for our children and they have an open day for prospective pupils and parents on Tuesday. Is it still appropriate for me to go to the open day?
    I forgot to mention it to the Head's PA when we exchanged emails and I am not sure of the etiquette here.
    What do you think?

2. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Good afternoon All
    I have applied for a post at local preparatory school and the closing date was today.
    The school is one of the options we are considering for our children and they have an open day for prospective pupils and parents on Tuesday. Is it still appropriate for me to go to the open day?
    I forgot to mention it to the Head's PA when we exchanged emails and I am not sure of the etiquette here.
    What do you think?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes!
    And it may give you some clues for the interview (fingers crossed).
    Best wishes

4. Prep schools like it when their staff send their children there / their students' parents seek employment with them. Roping in whole families means you will be very committed to the school.

5. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

I only work part time at the moment and Tuesday is my day off. The munchkins go to my childmainder so I can do uni work for my post grad anyway so I am free to go...
    Was worried that I would look bad if I got an interview and the head recognised me from the day.
    'fess up or not?

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Absolutely not!
    Even if you didn't have a child of the right age, it would just be sensible to go along. Initiative.
    Best wishes