1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

is it any wonder I am always confused!....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grandelf, Jan 28, 2011.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Just been out to buy a beer for the weekend.

Picks up a 8 pack (8 for £5). Takes it to the till, the cashier scans the item but the computer doesn't accept it, so asks another guy to grab her another bunch.
    She then scans that through, ask for the £5 them puts both bunches of beer into my bag and wishes me well......

queue Elfie doing a Del boy type dash out of the shop.....

[​IMG]

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Just been out to buy a beer for the weekend.

Picks up a 8 pack (8 for £5). Takes it to the till, the cashier scans the item but the computer doesn't accept it, so asks another guy to grab her another bunch.
    She then scans that through, ask for the £5 them puts both bunches of beer into my bag and wishes me well......

queue Elfie doing a Del boy type dash out of the shop.....

[​IMG]

3. 8 pack for the WEEKEND?? There are three days in a weekend for f***s sake.

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It must be a one-night wknd for Grandelf! [​IMG]

5. Haha Im awful like that too.
    I once paid for about £20 worth of stuff on my card, and got given £20 change! I legged it.

6. The criminal element of the teaching profession, obviously.
    Tsk.

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Teachers are educated enough to behave slurptitously [​IMG]

8. Sorry, I just do not get why this is ok

9. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

You mean "cue"

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I recently bought a £20 can of car engine cleaner online and paid for next day delivery. A week later it hadn't turned up so I contacted the sellers. They said when they used the tracking code it drew a blank so they'd send me a replacement for free. The replacement arrived and the following day I set about putting it in the fuel tank. I was just about to pour it into the fuel tank when the postman turned up and handed me a parcel - with the first can in.

Bargain eh?

11. andromache

andromache New commenter

tis only a little elf..

12. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

yes Jacob i did, but asked the OH as being dyslexic spelling isn't my strong point so went with her view, thanks for pointing out the right word....