1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

is is ok to interview late applicants?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by TheoGriff, Apr 2, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

How do you know? Is there an official list of the Head's friends?
    How do you know? Aren't applications confidential and should not be made public?
    How do you know? Who in the office is disseminating this confidential information?
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

2. could this person be on bthe governing body and know? i know my head's friends , well, some of them. close community and small school means most people know most things about you!!!!!

3. How do I know? The head told me of course!

4. mrkeys

mrkeys Occasional commenter

..........................so i suppose you accept course work after the deadline?
    I do hope you state in adverts for positions in your school that applications after the closing date will be welcome!
    Not good to hear.

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Now, where in my reply did I say that I would or have ever accepted a late application? I have not, as it so happens.
    But here's a thought for you - what if it's the only application a school receives for a post - do you reckon they should ignore it and not even bother looking at the applicant, even if they look eminently well suited to the post?