1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is Healthy Schools still active?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cleggy1611, Mar 15, 2012.

1. cleggy1611

cleggy1611 New commenter

Hi
    Can someone tell me if this is still an active project? A lot of the information and punblications on the web seem quite old!
    Thanks

2. Yes it is still active but the focus has changed from showing you should be awarded this award to an ongoing committment to healthy schools. Funding was cut in a lot of authorities so in some authorities it is basically non existent. However it is still important for schools as it is at the heart of a good primary school ethos (in my opinion).
    Before my local authority lost their healthy school advisor due to funding cuts I had a meeting with her to see what healthy schools would look like and she advised me to choose a project that the school could tackle, bearing in mind the school community statistics to see if there is anything that needs tackling (e.g. child obesity).
    It would be worth trying to get in touch with your local authority as there might still be a team who can advise you or perhaps someone in a neighbouring authority.