1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is everything here about politics?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by needabreak, Jun 23, 2019.

1. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Bloody politicians f____ing up the weather, now.

2. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Afraid not. I wished that, too.

3. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Is that a picture of your cat? The electric sockets don't look like UK ones...

4. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Really, how many politicians you ever respected or trusted wore pastel coral?
    This might be my time.

5. Aquamarina1234

Hey, why ask us?
    We didn't murder Opinion.

6. Aquamarina1234

Oh. Posted that on wrong thread!

7. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

You've lost me.

8. needabreak

Still lost...

9. needabreak

Oh, that might explain it.

10. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

No that’s not my actual cat Shadders. It was for illustrative purposes only!

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  11. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Like this one... 16CAB369-9C87-4772-AE9E-E65641A61DF2.jpeg

les25paul, TCSC47, needabreak and 3 others like this.
  12. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Whereas this is my cat. She shares my passion for mushy peas. 3389DBB9-CC2E-4D93-802A-0093D9A3E972.jpeg

13. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

I haven't been following this thread but I can tell you now that no, not everything on here is about politics. A quick look at thread titles is enough to tell you that surely?

When there is a ban on talking about politics, I shall remove myself from here. It was bad enough when the Opinion forum was stopped.

TCSC47 likes this.
  14. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

15. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Meccano -- !!! There is nothing finer. We should have many strings devoted to Meccano.

[​IMG]

16. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Oh go on - next thing you know it'll be Fun With Flags!​

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

My dad had Meccano as a kid... and his parents kept all of it so I spent a good chunk of my childhood playing with it on the floor of their bungalow...

Lego kits were a big part of my childhood. And making stuff of my own creation.

TCSC47 likes this.
  18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I used to run string around rooms, through rooms, from object to object.

19. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Gosh. That must have been a hoot.

coffeekid likes this.
  20. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I recently bought a pile of Meccano very cheap on e-bay to add to my collection. All the other bidders dropped out and I won without even trying, much to my surprise. Then I realised why. It was only when I looked at the postal charges that I saw that it was collection in person. The distance was a 300 mile round trip so how could I do this, without admitting to Mrs TCSC that I had bought yet another pile of Meccano.

Thankfully, the vendor was willing to pack it into a box and I was able to arrange pickup and delivery with a courier. All ended without tears and I got the value of Meccano well over what I paid along with some rare items.

However, because I am an honest chap, I admitted to Mrs TCSC what I had done, but contrary to the admonishment I had expected, she said "That's a pity. We could have spent a few days down there, B&B. (Swanage area)" !!

Aquamarina1234 and lanokia like this.