1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is everyone sorted for September? Anyone else still looking?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by picsgirl, Jul 3, 2012.

1. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Hi,
    Congratulations to all of you who have recently been successful in getting a new job for September.

I've yet to secure a post - just wondering if there is anyone else in this position and what are your plans?

2. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Anyone ? - is it just me?

3. tamtams

tamtams New commenter

Hi. NO it's not just you I know quite a few TA's who also do not have a job for September. Competition is tough just like teachers jobs. There is still a bit of time left. A lot depends on the area in which you live.
    In my area we do sometimes have vacancies advertised at the beginning of September when schools re-open. Good luck with your search.

4. I had a interview a couple weeks ago, didn't get the job but the feed back was good, the person they gave it to had more experience! Got another interview tomorrow so fingers crossed for that. 6 being interviewed and 80 applied so I much of done something right. I can put down on paper what I can do and show you but can I heck talk about it, I go to pot in interviews!!! Good luck in your job search.

5. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Any news Alisonsalmon?