1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is Ed Balls attractive?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BoBoTheHomelessBear, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Just trying to make my mind up, please help! [​IMG]

2. Everyone's taste is different but I can safely say that Gail and I found him attractive when he came to TES Towers for a web chat. He definitely works out and has beautiful blue eyes [​IMG]

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Yes and that weird haircut makes him seem strangely accessible.

4. My wife says no, but he'd be a better, more direct and pugnacious leader than the polite and gentlemanly Ed Miliband. Dave the toff would have a much harder time every Wednesday in the Commons

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

That's often the thing about male politicians, isn't it? They're surprisingly attractive in real life (obviously excepting Gove). I recall that on the two or three occasions I was in close proximity to Tony Blair I found myself quite beguiled...

6. Hell yeah! And he would bitchslap the entire Front Bench into touch if he were PM. I think he is extremely formidable, has an excellent intelligence, is pugnacious and an all rounder.
    And of course, he can flatten gorgeous George every time that piece of 'I'm so phenomenally out of touch with the common man'-cr*pola opens his mouth. Which is always a pure delight to watch.

7. MM, you mention Gove. <boakus maxiumus> but how stand you on Jim Paice? I just have to hear his voice and I want to stick pins in my eyes. Visually, it's more than flesh and blood can stand.
    And whilst we're on the subject (well, never stand twixt me and a good Tory rant....) I would like to tighten that BLOODY red scarf that Metro Man Jeremy 'H'unt is wearing, until his eyes pop.
    Meh.....

8. His problem is that he was very much Gordon Brown's man while in government, and is seen as tarnished by association with an election loser. But I liked Brown and his wife too

9. Middlemarch

The mere sight of his sickening grin give me the dry boak, to be honest.

10. Have you seen the perma-grin on Jeremy Hunt and the immature gelled-upward flick of his hair?

11. Middlemarch

You see, the list is endless really, isn't it? I do retract my earlier comment about male politicans, since so many are repulsive.
    I've never forgotten an article about Michael Portillo in one of the Sunday broadsheet supplements years ago. It made a reference to his 'beauty' and to this day I can still recall the absolute astonishment with which I reacted to it, followed by the hours I spent poring over the photos of him, trying to see anything even remotely not ugly about him, let alone 'beautiful'.

12. I quite like Portillo now he's not a politician, but he does have a BIG nose. Politicians are not exactly oil paintings.
    My Polish mother-in-law remarked on the general ugliness of British men the last time she was here, but then I do live in Yorkshire, and the blokes in her own village look like the gargoyles on York Minster as well.You women have a lot to put up with visually.

13. He's not hideous....in fact, I think there is more than a touch of Ewan McGregor about him.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. OOO you met him!

Maybe you could organise a Q and A session for him on TES?? :)

15. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

That's hilarious and has a hint of truth in it.

16. well, when it's dark, eh?...
    Btw, not entirely sure when Balls lied? He has always made it completely clear what he thinks of the currently government shower, non?

17. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Ed Balls - no never ever!
    He's losing his hair in a very unattractive manner.

18. Here's a link to the chats that took place on TES during that period in 2010.
    https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6036494
    Ed is much slimmer in the flesh too. Pictures and TV do not do him justice.

19. Anyone who is still sane in his 40s with a name like Balls is the leader for me.

20. Maybe that's where Jeremy has gone so wrong, eh?
    *childish snorts of laughter*