1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone using either 'Class Dojo', or the (official) SIMS App, or similar in UK classrooms?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by mature_maths_trainee, Aug 27, 2015.

1. mature_maths_trainee

mature_maths_trainee New commenter

Sorry if this isn't quite on-topic, but I'm guessing that ICT/Computing teachers will be amongst the first to try using this app.

A few questions on the SIMS App front-end first:

- Does the 'touch' interface make it easier to take class registers, and to record good/bad student behaviours in SIMS? [That's all I'd want to use the App for. For data look-ups, I'm perfectly happy using standard SIMS on a laptop/PC. It's the data entry I want improved.

- Can you use your own tablet, or are you required to use a school-owned tablet? [No chance of the latter being available for me]

- Did you have to hassle your school's SIMs manager to get it, or was the App actively offered/promoted to all staff?

Or does anyone use 'Class Dojo' (or similar) for seating plans, class registrations, or behaviour management? I assume you've had to take some additional security/privacy measures before being able to use these systems in school? What have you done exactly, and has it been officially accepted by your school?

Thanks for any thoughts. I want to adopt, but can't currently see how to make it acceptable to my SLT.

MMT

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Once you start putting pupil data on your own devices you are likely to fall foul of the data protection act. Stay with the school system.