1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone using Cornerstones in Nursery?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by SqMandes, Jul 2, 2018.

1. SqMandes

SqMandes New commenter

Hi - we are thinking of introducing this in September. It all sounds very positive but the website is a bit vague about the cost. Does anyone have an idea about how much it costs for just Nursery or EYFS as a whole and whether it is worth it? Also - can anyone recommend Cornerstones topics that have worked well or can suggest alternative schemes? Sorry for all the questions - we just want to shake things up a bit as our planning is getting a bit formulaic. Thanks

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

I'm not familiar with it myself, just wondering how any commercial planning can fit with the EYFS ethos of following children's interests? How would buying such a scheme make your planning less formulaic?

I'd be interested to read what others have to say.

3. SqMandes

SqMandes New commenter

Maybe formulaic was the wrong choice of wording. We have inherited a planning format that we are keen to revamp. From what I understand Cornerstones is a creative curriculum-based scheme based around questioning but I would also like to know how flexible this is in terms of following different avenues of thought. It covers the whole Primary curriculum but we wondered if anyone has experience of using it in Early Years and whether they think it works for them. So far any TES searches come up with its use in KS1 but none so far in Early Years. Another option would be Anna Ephgrave planning in the moment.

4. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Well if it were me, I'd definitely go Anna Ephgrave in a heartbeat. Can you trial any if the materials you want to consider so you have a better idea about it?