1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone teaching their year 7s 'The Terrible Fate of Humpty Dumpty?'

Discussion in 'English' started by LittleStreams, May 28, 2009.

1. LittleStreams

LittleStreams New commenter

I have taken over a class of bottom set year 7s who are looking at a play that was written in the 1980s called 'The Terrible Fate of Humpty Dumpty' and just wondered if anyone else was studying it?

2. ceehorse

ceehorse New commenter

I have done in the past - kids love it! It's great for combining with phse stuff on bullying.

3. LittleStreams

yeah. This particular class has an issue with bullying. Some are getting bullied by years higher than them. That is being dealt with by the school, but we are doing work with the kids to encourage them to report it.
    But then the other issue is how some of them bully each other. I had to send one kid out for bullying during class last week.
    So, do you have any good resources you can tell me about? I found an online 'game' which is like blockbusters but asking questions on the play.

4. ceehorse

ceehorse New commenter

I have a few resources - but most of the work was oral work. Post your email and I'll send what I have. The main piece of work was a newspaper report but I can't find my resources. We also did a monologue from one of the girl's viewpoints. Oh yes - they also did an extra scene at the end which they acted out.

5. LittleStreams

6. Could I also have a copy of the resources for 'The Terrible Fate of Humpty Dumpty'? About to teach it too.
    My email is: rajiekaur@googlemail.com
    Thanks.

7. You don't happen to know what the reading age/level for this book is, do you?