1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone missing being at school yet ?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by peakster, Mar 25, 2020.

1. peakster

peakster Star commenter

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I am a creature of habit - I can't bear this unreality we have right now.

3. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

I agree with you @peakster - I think this is the best time of year to be at school - lighter mornings and evenings and the opportunity to be outside. I also miss it because I had a good mix of work and days off - the best of both worlds - and Supply was beginning to pick up for me.

Shedman, agathamorse and primarycat like this.
  4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'm so bored I'm seriously considering watching "The One Show" this evening.

5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I had such a great form - we were going to go paint balling next term.

agathamorse and BertieBassett2 like this.
  6. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Not in the slightest.

Jamvic, Ezzie, agathamorse and 3 others like this.
  7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Did half a day this morning teaching the key workers' kids. 2nd half day this week. Not in now until a week on Friday. Broke my world record this morning. Home to school car park in 17 minutes!

Stiltskin and agathamorse like this.
  8. eleanorms

eleanorms Occasional commenter

Yes. Looking forward to my teaching days starting Friday. We may cut down team sizes as not as many children as expected, and we're all volunteering to stay on the team. Love my holidays, but this isn't right. Also now concerned that husband and I will never, ever survive retirement together.

9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'm well known on these boards for my bold (and generally wrong) predictions but nevertheless I'm going to make one now.

We'll be back at school in June

10. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

OK - 'Mystic Peakster' - hope you're right!

Jamvic likes this.
  11. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I might be if the weather was worse! I have had some nice chats with pupils over the online learning platform.

12. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I’ve been self isolating for nearly two weeks and I’m not yet on the rota so don’t know when I’ll be back in school ( given we only had 7 in today it might be a while!) and I do miss the routine- and even some of the children!

Jamvic and agathamorse like this.
  13. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Part of the reason I wish we were back is I hate setting work and monitoring work on our online platform. We've had little or no training and although I'm starting to get the hang of this now it has taken me a while to get there.

Tomorrow and Friday will be like normal working days setting all this up. It doesn't help that I have a colleague who will be of no great assistance in this matter.

FormosaRed and agathamorse like this.
  14. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Just over 5 years for me, let me think - Nope, not missing it.

bevdex, Jamvic, agathamorse and 2 others like this.
  15. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Agree absolutely!

16. eleanorms

eleanorms Occasional commenter

I also think we will be back after the summer half term - based on no scientific data or information whatsoever. I am happily talking to and setting work for the children who are doing it, but the majority are not. Can't really blame them.

17. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

I retired almost 6 years ago, and haven't missed it for a day. (And that's not because I hated teaching - I was still enjoying it right up to the last lesson!)

Jamvic likes this.
  18. ms honey

ms honey Occasional commenter

Enjoying the sunshine

Jamvic, BetterNow and agathamorse like this.
  19. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

September for me

20. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

I think to some extent I am as I have some nice classes but I don’t miss the arrogant staff of which we have many

Jamvic, Shedman and agathamorse like this.