1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone looking for part time in Yorkshire? I'm looking for a job share partner to apply with.

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by dancinginthecity, Apr 12, 2012.

1. dancinginthecity

dancinginthecity New commenter

Hello everyone. I am looking for a part time teaching post in East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire or Hull. Almost every vacancy is advertised as full time so I was wondering if anyone else might be in the same position and would consider teaming up so we could apply as job share partners. Please send me a message if you might be interested and we could discuss the possibility : )

2. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Is this really the 'done thing'? This strikes me as quite an odd request. If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected, but I'd personally think twice before pairing up with someone you don't know and pinning your job hopes on them being a great enough candidate to get you into a job.

3. dancinginthecity

I will think twice and very carefully before pairing up with someone BUT as there is only one part time job currently advertised in the areas I'm interested in and about 20 full time it is an option I am willing to seriously consider. Who knows some lucky school may get 2 great teachers instead of 1.
    Not sure what you mean by the 'done thing'. Seems a good plan to me. After all most job shares involve 2 teachers who don't know each other becoming a team.

4. I am also looking for a job share... I work in West Yorkshire though...

5. dancinginthecity

thanks for the words of support, Muttley.
    Good luck with finding a job share, Bex. Hope you have better luck than me : ) Pity West Yorkshire is too far for me to travel.

6. <address>A similar thing happened at my school (a fair few years ago though) two teachers (who knew of each other, but hadn't work together) applied to work part time for a full time post! They got the job - as it happens one of them still works at school full time! </address>