1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone else...

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by GirlGremlin, Oct 27, 2018.

1. GirlGremlin

GirlGremlin Occasional commenter

Felling really reckless and like they don't want to waste the last part of the holiday doing anything boring like marking or planning for next week ;)

bevdex, pepper5, steely1 and 3 others like this.
  2. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

Ooh - you probably don’t want to hear that my holiday is only just beginning and I feel fantastic because I’ve had twelve straight hours’ sleep, and have just wandered round the house (which feels a little like an unfamiliar hotel room because I’ve been in it so little in recent days) marvelling at the thought that I Don’t Have To Go To Work On Monday. The cats have clued up already and are piled on top of me, so I don’t expect I shall get much done today.

Rest assured, I shall fritter away next weekend pretending I don’t have to do any planning or marking either! Enjoy the weekend.

3. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

Ooh - you probably don’t want to hear that my holiday is only just beginning and I feel fantastic because I’ve had twelve straight hours’ sleep, and have just wandered round the house (which feels a little like an unfamiliar hotel room because I’ve been in it so little in recent days) marvelling at the thought that I Don’t Have To Go To Work On Monday. The cats have clued up already and are piled on top of me, so I don’t expect I shall get much done today.

Rest assured, I shall fritter away next weekend pretending I don’t have to do any planning or marking either! Enjoy the weekend.

phlogiston likes this.
  4. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Definitely, I encourage you to relax instead of doing work. It's a holiday. That's your clue...

5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'm going to football this afternoon.

But I have done quite a bit of marking this holiday - it can be quite satisfying sometimes.

pepper5 likes this.
  6. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

Sorry about that!

7. maggie m

maggie m Lead commenter

Haven't done any marking or planning. Sorted Monday before we broke up.Been in warmer climes all week. Had a long leisurely stroll this morning followed by lunch in a taverna overlooking the Med.Fly back tomorrow

8. peakster

peakster Star commenter

The memories of trekking in the Sahara Desert in Summer seem very distant on a cold day like this.

pepper5 and agathamorse like this.
  9. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Still recovering from a school trip (stroppy Y11s did my head in), but have two weeks off :). Have some preparation to do for Y13 but other than that, will relax :)

10. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Flying back on Monday, flight has randomly been changed to a later one.
    So no chance of doing any work before term starts on Tuesday.
    Ahhh well...I'll survive!

11. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Back to work for me on Monday. I’ll still be agency initially but i’ll be getting taken on as permanent this half term.

12. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

The holidays have been great, although in truth they started last December when I gave up work completely :) . How anyone keeps teaching past 50 is beyond me. Life is too short.

13. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Hope everyone has enjoyed the break, especially you lucky people who are away in the sunshine! I've had a good week - caught up with some boring chores and general 'stuff' that gets put off in term time, but some lovely leisurely lunches with friends I don't see enough too. Take it easy today all - it's a long haul until Christmas!

14. SCAW12

SCAW12 Occasional commenter

I have just started my half term! If you can get away with not doing any work GirlGremlin, then be reckless. I have training, standardisation and planning to do (and must do it as have left it as late as I can already!), but that is happening at the end of the week when I have had a rest.

agathamorse and CWadd like this.
  15. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

I've done some planning for Monday and Tuesday but have spent most of the break in the gym, in the cinema, in art galleries. In fact, I'm typing this from a cinema seat 10 mins before the film starts...

16. Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything Occasional commenter

Why are you on TES then? Log off and enjoy your holiday!

agathamorse and CWadd like this.
  17. lrw22

lrw22 Senior commenter

What are you seeing?

18. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

My plans for this week:

Sunday - sleep/do 20 lines of Livy* :)
    Monday - 2 hour driving lesson/last 20 lines of Livy*
    Tuesday - Tes mini-mini-mini-meet with @EmanuelShadrack, @bombaysapphire (@BertieBassett2 and @monicabilongame ? ) and some wine ordered from F&M ;)
    Wednesday - 2 hour driving lesson +1 hour practice manoeuvres (parallel parking is not my friend :()/maybe some Latin*
    Thursday - can you guess? (and some Latin*)
    Friday - Take practical driving test. Out to dinner to either cry or rejoice.
    Saturday - recover....
    Sunday - sigh....
    :eek:

*workbook creation for Yr13s

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  19. lrw22

lrw22 Senior commenter

Good luck sabrinakat. Passing my test was the best thing I ever did. Completely life changing!! ☺

sabrinakat and agathamorse like this.
  20. lynneseptember

lynneseptember Senior commenter

Yes, good luck, Sabrinakat. I completely agree with Irw22. :)

sabrinakat likes this.