1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is a discussion about a dissertation allowed?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Student_and_TA, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Student_and_TA

Student_and_TA New commenter

As well as being a TA I am also a student completing their final year of a degree. I am wondering if I am allowed to post content regarding my dissertation on here such a a questionnaire. Or whether some of you may like to participate.
    My dissertation is about professionals perceptions and definitions of inclusion.

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Lots of people do this.
    Survey monkey is the usual anonymous way people go about it.
    No idea how many responses they get.

3. Student_and_TA

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Not forbidden as long as it's for personal study (questionnaires with a commercial purpose are generally not allowed).

Quite a few get posted although as I recall they mostly don't get many people replying. 'Questionnaire fatigue', I guess, teachers just have so much else to do.

If you do post it give some explanatory context. More detail on what you are exploring and who the target audience for your questionnaire is (primary? secondary? both? SEN?), and what qualification you are studying for.

And don't be surprised if some people point it out if, from their professional perspective, they feel some of your questions are ill thought out or badly drafted.

Choose the right forum here to post it on

5. Student_and_TA

I am a fully qualified teaching assistant who has worked within primary and special education. I am currently in the 3rd year of my degree studying BA(Hons) children, schools and families. After this I aim to go into family support work.

I am looking for participants for my dissertation. I am looking for teachers, teaching assistants, HLTA, SENCOs, Headteachers, Assistant Headteachers who would not mind filling out my questionnaire.

To tell you a little bit about my research I am exploring
    • How different professionals define inclusion
    • How professionals definitions of inclusion differ from that expressed within literature
    • What are professionals perceptions of inclusion.
    If people do not mind filling out my questionnaire it would be greatly appreciated.

My questionnaire is completely anonymous and you can with draw at any time up until the date listed on the questionnaire.

Here is the link for the questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...K-M45S5tEvAWsKBKdfXL4rpw/viewform?usp=sf_link

6. Student_and_TA

Anyone know why when I try to post my questionnaire as a thread it keeps being declined for being advertising or spam when it is for personal study and people have previously posted theirs on the same forum

7. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

It has appeared now.

Are you sure that was why it didn't appear immediately? Usually it's because new members are pre-moderated until they have an "established posting record" (not defined!).

8. Student_and_TA

Yes I got a message to say so

9. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

The dots question was tricky as 'none of the above' wasn't an option.