1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ironing

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Would anyone like to do mine?
    It is glaring at me and I am trying very hard to ignore it...

2. Would anyone like to do mine?
    It is glaring at me and I am trying very hard to ignore it...

3. Sling it over here. I love ironing and particularly miss doing the kids' stuff now they are grown up and do their own laundry, so doing your children's things would be a pleasure.

4. You have a deal. I loathe ironing with a passion - especially ironing kiddie stuff!

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Don't iron then.

I iron something about twice a year....

6. Oh how I loved ironing their stuff - especially their school uniforms. Scruffy little oiks don't bother ironing their stuff at all now unless it is something they really can't get away with. I still sneak some of their stuff in with mine when they stay here and iron it anyway!!

7. I wish it were that easy.
    But I don't like us walking around looking like we have slept in our clothes...

8. My Mum used to tell me to leave as much ironing for her as possible when she came to visit. She loved ironing, as does my sister. I seem to be missing the gene...
    Daughter wants to learn to iron - I think that is a very GOOD idea [​IMG]

9. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Buy everybody while linen tropical suits. Apart from the fact that looking like The Man from Del Monte is seriously cool, linen is supposed to look crumpled.
    Sorted!

10. I iron my linen - and get annoyed when it starts to look crumpled again even before you have got out of the car and got into the office...

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Charming!

12. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

My OH does all the ironing! Deep joy!

13. Well, do you have non-ironing materials? I don't, mostly, and I am afraid I am pernickity and don't like the crumpled look!

14. I don't mind ironing once I get into it...its the putting stuff away I dislike. Hence the massive pile of clothes in the living room, and the empty drawers in the bedroom.

15. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I hate ironing. I have spent years perfecting the art of drying clothes without creases or rumples. [​IMG]

16. I pull and stretch and goodness knows what - maybe I am too fussy!
    *makes note to self: you have been planning on buying a tumble dryer for ageeeeeeeees - get your a.rse into gear, CQ*

17. I have a tumble drier (fabulous for towels), but there is nothing like getting into a bed made with freshly ironed cotton bedding. Actually for me everything feels nicer if it has been ironed, tumble or line dried.

18. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

We don't have a tumble dryer either. Maybe I just have a different understanding of what actually constitutes 'creased and crumpled'. [​IMG]
    Don't care. No way I'm ironing.

19. Well, I have ironed the grand total of
    2 pairs of trousers, 3 blouses and one polo neck jumper (for me)
    2 pairs of trousers (for son)
    2 pairs of trousers (for daughter)
    And unfortunately a friend has just rung to ask if I fancy going out for lunch and a Pils or two. I would be a very bad friend for saying no, wouldn't I?
    So, I've switched the iron off and put the basket in a corner where it can't glare at me...

20. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

there's noting left in my wrdrobe that i can get away with not ironing. and once i put the iron on, will have to do more than one thing. rats. wish i could wear jeans to work.