1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IQ tests

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by sammiebabe88, Aug 21, 2019.

1. sammiebabe88

sammiebabe88 New commenter

Does anyone know where I can get an IQ test that doesn't charge me to get results. I have three step kids aged 13, 10 and 7 who I want to test but every test I find online charges at least £20 to get results

Thanks

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Searching for online Free IQ Tests brings up several sites that claim to do free tests but I've no idea how rigorous they are nor how reliable their results are.

Can I ask, why do you want to test your step children? That might make a difference to the sort of IQ test you need.

3. sabram86

sabram86 Occasional commenter

The best approach would be to just use a series of verbal reasoning and maths tests - they are the best indicators of intelligence. 7+, 11+ and 13+ papers are best.

4. Lucy2711

Lucy2711 Occasional commenter

Bear in mind that you need to administer any assessment strictly according to the guidance and also take into account confidence intervals in any interpretation of the outcomes. They can suggest a spurious level of precision!