1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ipod touch query

Discussion in 'Personal' started by realirlandesa, Feb 24, 2011.

1. I posted on here a couple of weeks ago to ask about help to write a friend's eulogy. As a follow on from that, my friend's mum now has his ipod touch and is trying to work out how to use it. She doesn't have the laptop that he synched it with and doesn't have or know the password to his itunes. I've told her that the best way to sort it might be to start from scratch and synch it to her own laptop. She isn't fussed about the music on there so it doesn't matter if that goes, but there are a lot of photos on there that she doesn't want to lose. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the photos off? Thanks

2. I posted on here a couple of weeks ago to ask about help to write a friend's eulogy. As a follow on from that, my friend's mum now has his ipod touch and is trying to work out how to use it. She doesn't have the laptop that he synched it with and doesn't have or know the password to his itunes. I've told her that the best way to sort it might be to start from scratch and synch it to her own laptop. She isn't fussed about the music on there so it doesn't matter if that goes, but there are a lot of photos on there that she doesn't want to lose. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the photos off? Thanks

3. no it isnt possible in any straightforward way

contacting apple might help ... but I am not even sure then as I am not sure the photos are stored

4. Yes there is a very easy way
    http://blog.getsharepod.com/2009/03/sharepod-39-to-support-photo-backup.html

Plug the shuffle into any computer, load sharepod onto it and organise away!

5. shuffle??? Where did that come from??
    Oh it doesn't matter, sharepod works on all pods!

6. Thank you. I've just had a quick read about it. Is it complelety
    idiot proof? I'd hate to try it for her and wipe it all in the process!

7. Yes, utterly idiot proof.
    If she plugs into a machine iwth no iTunes nothing nasty can happen!
    The screen that comes up has simple instructions, big 'buttons' called things like 'copy to PC'
    It is intended to be very, very basic and unless you hit the BIG delete button nothing goes away - unlike in iTunes where things seem to wander off cos they want to!