1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ipod Shuffle

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tartetatin, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Hello. I'm hoping that someone will be kind enough to help out this complete technophobe!
    Got my music loving daughter an ipod shuffle for Christmas. It was by far the most reasonable option, coming in at only £35 from John Lewis inc p&p.
    Anyhoo, Mr Tarte nearly had a bad turn last night when he went to download some music onto it and discovered that it costs £1 a song!
    Is there a cheaper way of doing it, do you know?
    Suddenly it no longer seems like such a 'reasonable' option, when you have music and charger to pay for.
    I know we should have looked into this before but really, we're a bit clueless when it comes to things like this ...
    Also, does a docking station charge up as well as playing music out loud - and is this the best option for charging? Any recommendations?
    Is the music known as I tunes? I believe you can get vouchers for buying the songs??
    Oh dear, told you I was a technophobe [​IMG]
    Many thanks for your help [​IMG]

2. Hello. I'm hoping that someone will be kind enough to help out this complete technophobe!
    Got my music loving daughter an ipod shuffle for Christmas. It was by far the most reasonable option, coming in at only £35 from John Lewis inc p&p.
    Anyhoo, Mr Tarte nearly had a bad turn last night when he went to download some music onto it and discovered that it costs £1 a song!
    Is there a cheaper way of doing it, do you know?
    Suddenly it no longer seems like such a 'reasonable' option, when you have music and charger to pay for.
    I know we should have looked into this before but really, we're a bit clueless when it comes to things like this ...
    Also, does a docking station charge up as well as playing music out loud - and is this the best option for charging? Any recommendations?
    Is the music known as I tunes? I believe you can get vouchers for buying the songs??
    Oh dear, told you I was a technophobe [​IMG]
    Many thanks for your help [​IMG]

3. dande

dande New commenter

How much you pay per download will depend on the choice of song and where you are downloading it from. You can often find sites that have promotions on that will make it cheaper.
    Try amazon and also do a search on moneysavingexpert.com to see what advice they can offer.

4. Thank you very much, dande.

5. meantime of course, she can copy her favourite CDs to it free of charge.

6. I had no idea! Appreciated, thanks suz.

7. yep- once you have itunes, put CD in copputer, will automatically copy itself onto itunes, then plug in ipod, and tunes will end up o shuffle.
    Easy!

8. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

*Other, much superior software, is available for 'ripping' CDs

9. But for technophobes itunes to ipod is probably the best option.